Academic Mobility Division (AMD)
- Partners and Brief History
Since the establishment of the IRO of HU in 2016, the Academic Mobility Division (AMD) succeeded in
conducting various international Inter-Institutional
Agreements (IIA) with diverse European countries in a way coping with the internationalization strategy of HU.
The current European partners of HU within the framework of KA107 include the following:
- Cardiff Metropolitan University – UK
- Palermo Academy – Italy
- Catania University – Italy
- Granada University – Spain
- Masaryk University – Czech Republic
These IIAs cover various disciplines including but not restricted to: Business, Arts, Sports, Engineering and Computer science.
- Mobilities’ News
Such agreements enabled more than 20 staff members to have their academic mobility for both training and teaching. Further, more than 20 students (at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels) were able to have their mobility for studies.
Specifically, as per the latest Erasmus calls opened in the academic year 2017-2018 and 2018-2019:
12 academic staff members and 10 students were accepted in the academic year 2017-2018 to conduct their mobility at Cardiff Metropolitan University in a diversified span of disciplines as shown below:
Further, an incoming mobility for an administrative staff member from Cardiff mobility attended her administrative mobility as a librarian at Helwan University in April 2019.
the full capacity of 1 student mobility was implemented in Granada University for a postgraduate study in the field of Fine Arts in 2017-2018. Further, in the academic year 2018-2019, the full capacity of 2 students mobility were covered for postgraduate studies.
Further, as per an invitation from Granada University, the head of the IRO and Rector Deputy for Postgraduate Studies and Research to attend the Staff Training Week (STW) in 2018 as a room for further international cooperation. In addition, the head of the Academic Mobility Division attended the researcher training week in April 2019 and the Head of the Fund division is to attend a staff training week also as per the invitation from Granada University in May 2019.
the cooperation with Masaryk University has been initiated recently with having the first call offering mobilities for postgraduate students. Specifically, 2 students mobility were available in the academic year 2019 within the scheme of postgraduate studies. The deadline for applying was closed January 2019 where 4 candidates submitted their applications. The selection for the accepted applicants is currently running by Masaryk University.
In addition, the director of the IRO conducted her training mobility at Masaryk University in April 2019 where broader scope of cooperation initiatives were discussed.
Fourth: in the academic year 2017-2018, 14 Staff member joined an outgoing in the academic year 2017-2018 from both Art Schools and IRO. In addition, 3 incoming staff members from Palermo Academy participated in their training mobility in Helwan University at the School of Arts.
- Current Opened Calls
Granada University call for Postgraduate students mobility in all disciplines at both the M.Sc. and PhD levels is currently opened to apply with considering the deadline of 5th May 2019. The mobility duration is with a maximum range of 5 months for M.Sc. and 5-6 months for PhD studies.
For further details, please visit the Facebook group of HU-IRO.
- Tips for Applying
- Follow us on Facebook Group International Relations Office (HU) https://www.facebook.com/groups/573182506223810/?ref=bookmarks
- Language Proficiency (Academic IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson PTE Academic, Cambridge English Advanced “CEA”, ………….)
- An updated C.V
- A valid passport.
- Read the requirements very careful.
- Invest a lot of time in completing the application.
- Be focused, precise, and genuine when you write the application form.
- Make it your own work, voice and ideas.
- Concentrate on your strengths.
- Be selective when it comes to your references.
The IRO is pleased to confirm that the call for applications for mobility grants under Erasmus+ International Mobility Scheme is now opened for Cardiff Metropolitan University – UK.
The current call offers mobility grants for both staff (training and teaching) and students (undergraduate “UG” studies) in ALL disciplines noting that the deadline to apply is: 12pm GMT on 12th June 2019.
Please encourage your students, colleagues and your good self to apply and spread the word. In this regard, please note the following:
* To apply, you will have to proceed in two parallel tracks that are BOTH mandatory to be completed.
– First: make a registration through the following link and then proceed throughout the following steps sequence https://www.extraback.net/EICMV2/Account/Register
1. Complete the User Registration page. *You can only register ONCE. If you register and apply from several accounts this will lead to disqualification. If you have previously registered for another call for application, you will need to create a new account using a different email address.
2. Check your inbox for your registration confirmation email, confirm your registration and change your account password
3. Enter the information requested and select the type of mobility you wish to apply to
4. Upload all of the required documents.
5. Save and submit your application!
For further guidance about how to apply at CMT, please check the following link:
– Second: it is mandatory to also please fill in the following form for HU-IRO to conduct the eligibility checks as being matched with the applications submitted to Cardiff University:
a) Students: For UG study: https://forms.gle/GvsMVdvnVXj5Chnk6
b) Staff: for teach/train: https://forms.gle/chGG5vmMKLHDT6Ck9
* For students mobility, please note that the courses to be undertaken by the accepted students at Cardiff Metropolitan University would be subject to academic equivalency for the corresponding courses taught at Helwan University.
The decision regarding the equivalent courses is conducted by the academic department at your faculty in HU.
* Please note that the fund availability by Erasmus+ for this call would be dependent on the outcomes of Brexit and UK exist deal. For further information in this aspect, please check the link below:
* For any inquiries and support, please feel free to contact us through the following email address: