About the Programme:
The PhD Programme supports Egyptian researchers to do their PhD at UK Higher Education institutions. The programme will support both general missions (full degree scholarships three years), as well as joint supervisions (for students to do research for a year at a UK university as part of their Egyptian PhD).
- Sustainable water management
- Renewable energy
- Sustainable food production
- Archaeology and cultural heritage
- Affordable and inclusive healthcare
All fees and living/travel expenses.
Deadline for Application: 1st of October 2020.
Prospective applicants to an open Newton Fund call should note that Universities UK International (UUKi) offers a student support service to help connect Newton Fund partner country students to potential UK supervisors. Those interested in applying to an open Newton Fund PhD call, and who would like assistance in finding a UK supervisor, should complete the Host Request Form on the UUKi website.
How to Apply:
- The application is made during the announcement period until Thursday 1 October 2020 electronically, as a copy of all documents and forms approved and sealed is uploaded to the application site according to the instructions indicated on the electronic application system.
- Create an account on the scholarship application system on the missions’ website, where all data are filled in and all required documents are uploaded to the website after registration and account creation via:
- The applicant prepares the paper file, including all documents and forms approved and sealed, to be submitted after passing the personal interview only and upon the scholars ’request. To identify the required documents, please go to: