About the Scholarship:
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is a program established in the year 2000 by Orascom Construction as part of the company’s commitment to promoting excellence and achievement that awards the MSc in Business Administration and Engineering. This program is a precedent in Egypt for private sector participation in educational programs on a sustainable basis, and the goal is to facilitate academic development, build character for Egyptian youth, and give them the tools necessary to develop their professional lives and thus benefit their communities in which they live. Onsi Sawiris Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and personality as evidenced by academic excellence, student activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
Fields of Study:
- Business Management.
- Construction management.
- Full tuition fees.
- Living allowance.
- Health insurance.
- GPA: 3.5 / Very Good or above (overall score).
- Obtaining a score of 100 on the TOEFL IBT test.
- Master of Business Administration: GMAT 650 degrees or higher (taken within 5 years)
- Master of Engineering: Minimum generally accepted GRE scores: 315 (Analytical Writing: 4.5)
- The applicant must have participated or are currently participating in student activities.
- The applicant must have work experience of no less than three years (only for an MBA).
- The applicant must be residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual-national applicants).
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- To be committed to returning to Egypt for a period of two years immediately upon successful completion of the degree.
Application deadline: October 1, 2020
- Candidates with a master’s degree from foreign universities, or who hold an Egyptian master’s degree in the same field they are applying for, will not be considered.
- Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one they are applying for will be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for an extended period of time.
- Selection as a candidate for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university admission. Only applicants will be supported in applying to the below accredited universities. If nominated for the scholarship. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be awarded once undergraduate admission is earned.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only awarded to accredited Egyptian universities.
Foreign Accredited Universities:
- Stanford University.
- The University of Chicago.
- Harvard University.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- The University of Pennsylvania.
- Application form, which can be obtained by:
- Copy of test scores. (TOEFL iBT® / GRE or GMAT)
- Statement of degrees.
- A copy of the graduation certificate.
- Two letters of recommendation.
For more information and questions, you can contact: