About the Program:
This program aims to support Egyptian students to obtain a master’s degree in the field of development from the Hubert Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota, USA, through this program, which extends for two academic years, through which the student is provided with all the skills and knowledge necessary to face sustainable development challenges such as the spread of poverty and overpopulation, Food insecurity, and climate change. The program qualifies students to manage non-profit projects through an interdisciplinary curriculum.
- The applicant must be Egyptian.
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in one of the relevant fields of study from an accredited educational institution or its equivalent.
- Preference will be given to those with a background in mathematics, statistics and economics.
- Satisfy the conditions for enrollment in the master’s program according to the University of Minnesota terms and requirements.
- Excellent academic and professional record.
- Active participation in extracurricular activities (such as: community service and entrepreneurship).
- Passing the IELTS exam with a score of no less than 7 or the TOEFL (IBT) test with a score of no less than 250 or TOEFL (paper-based) with a score of no less than 600 (with a minimum score of 22 in each section of the exam).
- Pass the GRE exam, no specific score is required.
- Financial need for this scholarship.
University of Minnesota code: RA 6874
- Completion of the master’s program within two academic years.
- Completion of the 8-10 week field training program during the summer period.
- Work in the development sector in Egypt after graduation for at least two consecutive years.
How to Apply:
- Submit two separate applications: the first is the master’s program form and is submitted directly to the University of Minnesota during the application dates, and the second is the scholarship application and is submitted directly to Newton Education Services.
- To obtain these two forms, please apply to the following website:
- An external committee is chosen to be composed of experts in the field of sustainable development.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Study and living expenses.
- Flight tickets.
- Health insurance.
- Various educational materials.
Two academic years.
Deadline: 15 October 2020.